Islam Simplified, Holistic View of the Holy Quran
This book presents a holistic description of the Quran that highlights the pillars of Iman, the important topics of Akhlaq and Shariah, and the different roles of Prophet Muhammad SAW. It highlights how these topics are all intricately linked in a unique circular structure. The Quran is not written is a serial or sequential chain-like structure by subject matter, topic, or time sequence. It is closer to a circular structure emphasizing the understanding and knowledge of the major subject matters and topics.
Allah SWT is the central and most important subject matter of the Quran. Reading the Quran is the best and most authentic way to know Allah SWT and understand the meanings of His Most Beautiful Names. This knowledge and understanding must lead us to believe in Allah SWT and, subsequently, to obey and worship Him. The subject matter of Allah SWT and its related main topics are repeated throughout the Quran and linked with the other subject matter, again to enhance understanding and belief.
The main subject matter of the Quran also strongly relate to the three hierarchies in Islam; Iman (Faith), Akhlaq (Morals), and Shariah (Law). This book presents the Quranic verses that highlight many principles of Iman, Akhlaq, and Shariah. In addition, it also discusses some important topics in more detail from the Quranic perspective,. Some examples of the topics are:
- Jinn cannot control humans
- Roles of the Messenger SAW
- Fiqh and Shariah based on the different roles of the Messenger SAW
- Different basis of the Laws of Ibadat compared to the Laws of Muamalat
- Types of people (including the Terrorist)
- Concept of loyalty and disavowal (Al-wala'wa Al-bara')
- Basic rule in dealing with non-Muslims
- Some rules when discussing issues of destiny